Grants FAQ:Grant Submission Instructions
From SFU Research Ops Documentation
- Some grants have a Letter of Intent, Stage 1 or Registration stage in their application process. What do I need to submit to the SFU Office of Research Services at the LOI, Stage 1 or Registration stage?
- Please kindly inform ORS@sfu.ca of your intention to apply. No signature sheet is required at the registration, stage 1, or LOI stage
- Exceptions- a signature sheet is required if:
- 1) funds are awarded at the registration, stage 1 or LOI stage. (E.g. SSHRC Partnership Grant Stage 1)
- 2) institutional e-approval is required at LOI stage. (E.g. NSERC Strategic Partnership Grant for Projects LOI stage). For this, please indicate $0 on your signature sheet.
- For grants that require SFU's e-submission or e-approval, what does the SFU Office Research Services (ORS) require from applicants?
- Please have your application in "submit" mode, and submit a fully signed SFU Signature Sheet to ORS@sfu.ca, no later than 9:30AM of internal deadline. The SFU internal deadline is usually 3 business days before agency deadline. ORS cannot submit your application without a SFU Signature Sheet. Please refer to Grant Application Process for more information about the SFU signature sheet and internal deadlines.
- For grants where applicants submit directly to agency, what does the SFU Office of Research Services (ORS) require from applicants?
- Please submit a fully signed SFU Signature Sheet & copy of full application to ORS@sfu.ca no later than 9:30AM of internal deadline (3 business days before agency deadline). Please note that the applicant, not ORS, is to submit directly to agency. If the application requires SFU's signature, ORS will return signed application to applicants to submit directly to agency
- For grants that involve technology transfer with industry partner (such as NSERC Engage, Engage Plus, I2I, and MSFHR I2C), who do I need to contact?
- Please contact Iain Begg (email@example.com) at the industry engagement office.